Northwood School is accepting applications for the following position(s). Interested individuals should submit a resume with a cover letter, references and an educational philosophy statement to Jill Walker, Dean of Faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org. Northwood School seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school. Northwood School is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community. In your cover letter, please address directly your experience and interest in working in such a school community.
No phone calls, please. An on-site interview is required. Criminal background checks are performed on all new hires. Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Northwood School is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant in any manner prohibited by law.
正规体育投注开户Northwood School seeks to hire an energetic, creative and collaborative Chorale Music Director to develop and run a new choral music program for the 2020-21 school year.
正规体育投注开户Strong candidates will have a degree in music performance or music education and a demonstrated ability to work with students of diverse abilities and backgrounds using a variety of pedagogical approaches in the classroom. A background in choral conducting, vocal pedagogy and strong piano accompanying skills are required. Candidates will also work with the Performing Arts Department on musicals and other performances and offer extracurricular opportunities in music.
Candidates should also have strong organizational skills and be willing to work as part of a team with a commitment to an inclusive community. Additional responsibilities include living in or supervising a dormitory, serving as an academic advisor, and supervising co-curricular activities in music.
正规体育投注开户Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Teaching choral music classes, electives, and lessons with novice to advanced musicians.
- Serving as Music Director for school musicals and performances.
- Preparing ensembles for performances throughout the year.
- Developing an innovative and inclusive approach to choral curriculum and instruction.
- Completing grades/comments, advisor letters, and other forms of academic communication in a timely, professional manner.
- Leading or assisting with an afternoon activity or sport in two of three seasons.
- Overseeing dormitory duty one night per week and weekends as assigned.
- Attending all school functions: faculty meetings, assemblies, formal dinners, and other special events.
- Promoting the development of character, community, and curiosity in all dealings with students, including enforcing school rules.
- Other duties as assigned.